Melissa and Doug Stack and Sort Board
The sort of learning fun that kids really enjoy! Match the color and quantity of the 15 colorful wooden pieces to the printed key on the sturdy solid-wood board. A perfect first manipulative that helps teach matching and counting skills!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to hand you a specific colored block.
- Ask the child to hand you a specific shaped block.
- Ask the child how many different colored blocks there are.
- Ask the child what shape each color block is.
- Make a simple pattern by placing a purple, a yellow, and a red block in a row. Ask the child to replicate the pattern.
- Ask the child how tall he/she can stack a block tower before it topples. Count each block out loud as it is added to the tower.
- Place a specific number of blocks in front of the child and ask him/her to count them.
- Place four to six blocks in front of the child. Ask the child to study the blocks. Take one block away while the child closes his/her eyes. Ask the child to open his/her eyes and tell you which block is missing. Add to the challenge by starting with a greater number of blocks or by taking away more than one.
Dimensions: 4.5" x 2.5" x 13.3" Assembled
Recommended Ages: 2+ years
This appliance complies with the U.S. Electrical Standard (120V, 60 Hz).